Saturday, May 28, 2011

Terrorism in Morocco



       During my winter break in February, I was lucky enough to take a trip to Morocco. The first stop was Marrakesh, a popular city, especially for tourists. While there, we spent most of our time in the main square, Jamma el-Fna, where we dined, shopped, and enjoyed the lively street performers. One of those very restaurants that we visited was blown up in late April by the al Qaeda. While this news is not particularly new to me, it's still chilling to know that a place that I had visited so recently was attacked, and many innocent people were unrightfully killed. While life should not be lived through scenarios of what-if's, I am often curious of my luck in Morocco.

http://www.france24.com/en/20110428-morocco-death-toll-gas-cannister-explode-marrakesh-djemaa-fna#

No comments:

Post a Comment