Monday, June 6, 2011

"Art"




     Pretty much everyone that I knew from Paris is gone now, so I've had a lot of 'me' time these past few days. Most of this time is consumed by long walks on the beach strolls around the city, reading, and museums. I went to the Orsay and Pompidou museums and have had my understanding of art completely revamped. I loved the Orsay museum, but cannot say the same about the Pompidou. While many can appreciate the modern art of the Pompidou, I just feel dumb being there. Maybe it's just me, but I can't understand how someone can conclude meaning from a urinal with a signature on it. I walked the halls for nearly three hours and still couldn't find a piece that really moved me. In fact, the only piece I really liked was one that was a brand new shade of blue that glowed in normal light. Above are some pictures of the 'art' in the Pompidou Center (I would have put some from the Orsay, but you are not allowed to take pictures there).

No comments:

Post a Comment